Sunday, June 14, 2009

If I knew then what I know now - 1

Dear Teenaged Me,

What would I really tell my teen self...here goes...

What I know now if I knew back then...

# No matter how old you are, Parents will continue to treat you as if you are a teenager, irrational and impulsive...the only difference is that they will take your spouse's support to endorse it as well! So don't care; be yourself..it doesnt make a difference to any one...anyways!!

# Your elder sis will clear out the cupboard when she leaves home (post wedding), leaving you with one pair of jeans and couple of tops...forever leaving a void in your clothes department as you realise that your skill in buying acoutrements is next to nill!

# Wanting to have babies is not a good enough reason to get married!! Your naive rose tinted perspective is going to land you in a load of trouble...it's a case of act first and regret in leisure!!

# The Ideal man exists, but he is not neccessarily your husband...he is probably some one else's!!

# You will actually be a published writer!...and your words will be read!!!Unthinkable, if you remember that the 7th grade English teacher accused you of plagarism and made you cry in front of the entire class. This is your chance to stick your tongue out at her...So there!!

# Your Brother will grow up! Even go as far as giving you advice on some assorted issues. The amazing thing is, you will take his advice...grudgingly...knowing that inspite of throwing the TV remote at him and trying to crack his skull, he is not cracked...yet...

# You will actually give up reading Romance Novels, much to Mother's happiness and relief. To such an extent that you have developed a healthy dislike for them. I know I state the improbable...but that's reality!

# Face book and Internet will become your life line to friends who you thought are lost forever. Bringing some sanity to this chaotic world that we live in. Burnt bridges can be rebuilt...what a revelation...like the Life-Line option in Crorepati!! You will actually be Tech savvy...savvy that!

# You will find your direction, albeit with great difficulty and the usual back-and-forthing! But...you will find it. Trust me I know you!!

So let me tell you one thing here:
If you thought Teenage is tough, Adulthood is tougher! But the saving grace is that maturity will help you forgive yourself a little better and hopefully faster!

regards
--
sowmya
www.ssstoryteller.blogspot.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Sunitha said...

So true :-)

10:08 PM  
Blogger Kaleidoscope said...

Wow! I'm glad I came across your post. Not exactly a teenager but struggling to get out of the mould, this letter brings in a lot of hope that life, after all, will not be as bad and that I will be able to forgive myself and my bad decisions some time at least! Thanks :)

6:45 AM  
Blogger Aparna Menon said...

love this!

The Ideal man exists, but he is not neccessarily your husband...he is probably some one else's!!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home