Friday, August 04, 2006

My Dear - 8

Dear God,

Hope you get this letter as I am not sure about your existence and don’t know your address. I used to visit you in the temples and sing bhajans at school when I was growing up. Then there was a period when I thought you didn’t exist and stopped them. But now, I am not sure whether you exist or not. So many people believe in you (although in different names and forms) and that makes me wonder. When I see people of different denominations fight over a piece of land in your name, I think that you would not let people die, if you were around. But then people die and you don’t do anything about it and so I think that you are not there. Then there are things like the beautiful sunrise, perfect snow flake and colorful flowers that make me think that somebody has created these with a good plan. And so I wonder.

If you are there, I have a few requests for you. Stop innocent people from being killed through acts of violence, kids getting killed because of their parent’s actions and dogs getting killed because of a totalitarian regime. Tell people that you are only one and all human beings are really created equal regardless of how they look, speak or act. Make good people live longer and don’t let anybody suffer through old age on their own. And finally, make ice-cream and cheesecake good for us.

If I get a reply from you, I will know that I was wrong all this time. But if I don’t get a reply, I will continue wondering this way, till I see any or all of the above requests taken care of.

Cheers,

Wondering Agnostic

2 Comments:

Blogger Premalatha said...

world peace!

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly the same thoughts I have.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home